With only 35 days till Christmas for most the holiday planning, shopping and decorating is in full swing! Holidays are suppose to be the most joyful time of year however sometimes it can become stressful with so many things to check off your list. And of course piling on the stress are those invitations on your counter to family and work parties along with New Years Eve events! And the inevitable question is “what am I going to where?”. Well, fret no more my holiday gift to you is this Holiday Style Guide to make your holiday outfit shopping a breeze!!
HOLIDAY STYLE GUIDE
One of the key ingredients this holiday season is making the most out of a few pieces! You do not need to go buy 4 new outfits for 4 parties!
- Figure out what is the common theme between all your events.
- Dressy: A few glamorous items to your wardrobe is all you need, thus shop for a few items such as a skirt, sweater, clutch or dress.
- Casual: Shop for a few items such as a skirt, sweater, jewelry, scarf or a handbag.
- Family friendly: Shop for garments you can have fun in. You never know the games they might have, so you want to look fabulous yet be comfortable. Shop for a few items such as a pair of pants, sweater, festive top, or flats.
- Work: Shop for garments that are not to revealing. I always love buying a new pair of shoes and some great jewelry for work events!
- Decide what trends you are loving this season.
- Sequins: If you are loving sequins there are endless options!! My favorite garment this season is a sequin skirt (there are endless options when it comes to styling it). Also, sequin clutches and heels are a big trend as well! And of course, the newest trend is sequin nails!
- Bows: If you haven’t already noticed BOWS have really made a statement this season. Look for a great dress, jacket or sweater with bow detail or even a bow headband. 🙂 I am also loving heels with bow detail!!
- Lace: A classic trend that is always around year after year for the holiday is lace! You can find lace on dresses, tops, skirts and scarfs.
- Mesh: My absolute favorite trend this season and definitely the biggest trend is MESH! You can find dresses and tops with mesh!
- Velvet: If you need something simple and classic yet is dressy velvet would be the best choice in a garment!
- Embellished collars: All you need is one! I love this trend because it can really grow your wardrobe by taking a top, dress or sweater and changing the look just by adding an embellished collar!
- Where to shop.
- Banana Republic
- Ann Taylor Loft
- J. CREW
- Steve Madden
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Mix and Match.
- Have one focal point:
- If you purchased a sequin sweater let that be the focus of your outfit and everything else you want to compliment it. For example: take a simple black dress and throw your sequin sweater over the top! Or if you are going to a family party try pairing the sweater with a nice dark denim, a silk shell!
- If you invested in a new skirt try pairing it with your favorite heels for a work event with a nice blazer. Also, try pairing it with a casual t-shirt and blazer for a casual event.
- Accessories can change any outfit: If you invested in a necklace and/or clutch. You can mix these with any of your outfits! A sparkle or lace clutch is sure to make any outfit festive!
- Have one focal point:
A FEW OF MY FAVORITES